— Assata Shakur (via loveyourchaos)
Imam Ali bin Abi Talib (ra) on Grief Over the Past
From the Collection: Photos of Water
Originally found on: roadtojannah-1
— Sylvia Plath (via oh-girl-among-the-roses)
I took a 7 week coast to coast road trip after being laid off from Boeing. I didn’t have a camper but realized that being able to pull off the road at a rest or truck stop was the way to go to make the trip affordable. With a few sheets of 1/2” plywood and misc. hardware this is what I came up with. The effort was well worth the time and materials.
I want to do this so badly
In your life, you’ll meet a lot of assholes. If someone hurts you, tell yourself it’s due to their lack of intelligence. That way, you’ll never sink down to their level, because there’s nothing worse in this world than bitterness and revenge. Keep your dignity and be true to yourself.
Apologies for the terrible image quality - I’m lacking scanner access at the minute so I had to take these photos on my phone
I was reading hyperbole and a half’s blog entry explaining their experience of depression and decided to make another sketchy comic based on my experiences with anxiety, which is another mental illness I think people tend to misunderstand quite frequently
Hopefully this will be of use to some people - whether they suffer from anxiety themselves or if they just want to know more about it
Reblogging for my followers that might not understand what I go through on a daily basis, and why I seem to stop posting art for long periods at a time (be it free stuff or work). The Hyperbole and a Half’s Part One and Two on depression is another good one as well.
It’s both sad and reassuring that I’m not the only one that suffers from these mental illnesses/mood disorders.
— Kahlil Gibran (via quote-book)
[This is obviously my way of doing shit. There’s a lot of reasons I do things this way but I generally swear and curse and tell anything in my house to fuck off while doing the following.]
- Open the windows and doors and clean the place up. Put shit back to where it’s suppose to be. Run laundry and do the dishes. It’ll take ten minutes top to clean the surfaces. Add some cleansing ingredients into the laundry if you feel it necessary. (I tossed in some salt and peppermint in a dark clothing load. Don’t put herbs in with your white or light color clothing. You’ll stain them. No, seriously, don’t.)
- Throw salt. No, I’m not fucking kidding. Throw fucking salt. At mirrors, at windows, at doors, at the floor, at the computers, at the faucets, on the floor, and on the stripped bed.
- Incense the fuck out of the place. This step varies for me. Sometimes I’ll use incense, other times herbal sticks, or asperging. It all depends on what materials I have on hand. Make sure you get all the rooms and entrances (including faucets, mirrors, computers, windows, doors, archways, and corners)
- Wash the floors, doors, windows, and maybe even the walls. I use a mix of water + salt + lemon + whatever fucking ingredients I think need to be use (for prosperity, I’ll do a floor wash with different things than I would for a floor wash for protection.)
- Pour a fucking drink. Usually I drink vodka. Sometimes I have homemade lemonade. Depends on my mood. Whatever. Toss some delicious fucking food in a pan/oven/microwave. Shit, it could be a sandwich. Make that shit and put it aside.
- Take that drink with you and hop in the bath and/or shower. Use those bath products you accumulate and forget to use. If you don’t have any “borrow” some from a housemate. Or don’t. Whatever the fuck works for you. Pamper yourself. Put on music, drink your drink, and cleanse yourself. I tend to imagine the water taking all the shit and washing it down the drain.
- Eat that delicious fucking food, sit your ass down and watch TV. Or read a book. Play a game. Take a nap. Pet the cat/dog/turtle/plushie. Surf the web (but avoid tumblr and social media. You don’t need that shit right now. You really don’t.) Do something for just you for an hour or two. And ignore all the other shit for a while.
There. Congrats. You’ve cleansed yourself and you’ve given yourself the break you need.
(For those eyeing this and saying “but I don’t actually need to clean the place, do I?” Yeah, yeah you do. Unless your home is from the pages of a catalog, you need to clean off what catches the eye. Counters, a simple sweep, dishes, and obvious “that’s not suppose to be there” should be sorted. It helps hugely. It’s a physical manifestation of the shit you need to deal with and going around cleansing the place and yourself but not cleaning the house at least on the surface is useless. Really. If you don’t believe me try it yourself. One day cleanse the house/room and don’t clean. A few days later do it again but clean first this time. You’ll notice the difference. Promise.)